Available Jobs - Construction / Civils / Architectural(11)
A maternity cover contract has arisen for a Financial Accountant to assist with financial processes and financial reporting.
Interview top tips
Available Jobs Construction / Civils / Architectural
Duties to include:
Develops the project communications plan through extensive consultations, and from the stakeholder needs analysis
Monitor and report on project progress in a structured manner, drawing particular attention to any deviations from the original project plan.
Identifies high level risks, assumptions and constraints using historical data and expert judgement and develop risk management plan.
Monitors and provide projects performance reports in accordance with the projects communication plan to support senior management decision making.
Establish and coordinate project teams suitable for the different projects that will be undertaken by the business at any stage.
Manage stakeholder expectations through establishing, maintaining, constructive and cooperative working relationships with high level stakeholders
Lead in the project procurement processes within approved budgets and equipment or material specifications. Maintain and update the project plan.
Install and commission plant and equipment to meet optimum design parameters
Oversee construction and installation of ancillary and service equipment
Good Decision making skills
The key Responsibilities for the role are:
The preparation of drawings and designs
Interpreting all engineering works/projects in order to come up with all necessary designs and drawings
Assisting engineering and operations teams to come up with drawings and designs of civil, mechanical and electrical designs.
Management of the design, draughting and implementation phases of all projects ensuring technical, statutory and legal compliance as required by the laws.
A self-starter who is able to work under minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Management of our multiple subbies while balancing and optimizing our owned fleet.
* Get KPI information and assist with reporting internally and externally for certain contracts.
* Be a direct report for land-based staff who are stationed at our customer premises.
* Communicate with customers and respective operators in order to streamline operations and ensure continuous improvements.
* Coordinate with regards to incident investigations for accidents, thefts, hijackings, etc.
* Actively search for ad-hoc subcontractors and ensure adherence to company sops to mitigate risk.
* Assistance with sourcing and managing return loads when required.
* Ensure streamlined process from subcontractor recruitment up until final payment processing.
* Set up periodic meetings with subbies.
* Assist with regards to extended service offerings (such as tires, diesel, maintenance, etc).
* Ability to work well in a team.
* Can stay calm under pressure and still make good decisions.
* Attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
Preparing and maintaining sketches, maps, and reports of legal descriptions of surveys.
Verifying data and calculations.
Recording results of surveys.
Calculating the measurements of sites.
Writing descriptions of property boundaries.
Researching legal documents, survey records, and land titles to clarify information about property boundaries.
Logical thinking skills.
Problem solving and analytical skills.
A keen eye for detail.
Managing project budgets.
Responding to labor requests.
Managing product development.
Establishing project goals and objectives.
Managing logistics by ensuring that labor, materials, and equipment requests are completed correctly and are within the project budget.
Time and Priority Management.
Must be fit and healthy as there will be alot of walking/hiking.
Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
Sound knowledge of construction.
Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
Making sure that the commercial performance of the contract is maximized
Helping to coordinate and write site reports, drawings, and other necessary documents
Working collaboratively with architects to identify and determine areas for utility hookups
Setting and enforcing standards for each job site and ensuring that contractors and crews follow proper safety guidelines
Ensuring that construction projects remain profitable by overseeing budgets throughout the construction process
Accompanying clients during site visits and answering questions about the construction project’s overall progress and changes; working closely and consulting with clients all through the project lifecycle
Ensuring that projects are delivered to specified quality without defects
Staying up-to-date with the latest development and trends in the construction industry.
Able to work with little supervision
Excellent communication skills
Knowledge of materials, plant and equipment
We are searching for an experienced senior architect to oversee the company's new construction projects in Morocco. As the senior architect, you will mentor other Architects, interpret client briefs, and review contracts and designs. You should have strong leadership skills, extensive knowledge of CAD software, and the ability to handle negative feedback.
Senior Architect Job Responsibilities:
Reviewing and designing architectural and engineering plans.
Ensuring all plans are compliant with governmental health and safety regulations.
Researching and maintaining knowledge of various engineering disciplines, application methods, and materials.
Monitoring the work of other Architects and making recommendations or scheduling workshops as required.
Providing guidance to subcontractors like builders, plumbers, and electricians, and helping them interpret design specifications.
Liaising with clients to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
Ensuring the team works together to achieve set goals and targets.
Acting as a mentor to new Architects and helping them fine-tune their design skills and improve their industry knowledge.
Networking and consulting with various industry professionals.
Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of the project
Ensure that the project is delivered on time, within the scope and budget
Assist in defining scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
Ensure resources availability and allocation
Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
Manage the relationship with clients/suppliers and all project stakeholders
Perform risk management to minimize project risks
Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/suppliers
Foster and maintain strong working relationship with staff
Meet with clients on a regular basis to report project status an clarify specific requirements for the project
Meet budgetary objectives and adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
Review all sub-contractors bids for completeness and accuracy
Oversee preparation and ensure execution
Negotiate with and select subcontractors to perform the work and do subcontracts
Prepare budget, develop project schedule, and coordinate material ordering
Identify and track all long lead items for the project path
Prepare for lead weekly progress meetings
Anticipate issues and proactively works towards solution and ways they can be avoided
Hold construction meetings, attend weekly progress meetings and prepare and share minutes
Facilitate project kick off workshops and produce the project initiation documents
Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements.
Establish relevant governance and communication structures for the designated project
Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
A proven self-starter with ability to work under high pressure environment.
Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
Experience in multi-national cultures and working styles.
Excellent planning, organization and multitasking skills.
Advanced PC skills with excellent working knowledge of all relevant project software. Strong interpersonal skills.
Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Ensuring that all maintenance activities & inspections in the camps are appropriately carried out.
Maintaining and upholding the quality and standards of the camps.
Keeping a record of all maintenance and service activities conducted and scheduling preventative maintenance.
Evaluating staff performances and skills transfer/training of Maintenance staff
Delegating work to subordinates and ensuring the timely completion of the same.
Filing purchase orders and other documentations for the procurement of spare and replacement parts and managing stock levels
Experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and general construction
This person will be responsible for the complete functioning of the camps, management of the vehicle fleet, power and water supplies, preventative maintenance programmes, stock ordering & controls and improvements and renovations to new and existing structures.
We are working with a global construction company to help them find a Resident Engineer, Consultant Project Manager for a project in Marrakech, Morocco.
The Resident Engineer acts as the Engineers Representative and leads the site supervision team to administer the Construction Contract, to ensure compliance with Consultants design information and to supervise and approve construction. He/she will carry full delegated powers of the “Engineer” as defined in the Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Start Up
Team selection, recruitment and development
Preparation of and adherence to Project Management Plan (Supervision Management Plan) to define how the company will deliver their scope as defined by their Contract.
Project Delivery and Execution
1. Ensure scope of the Contract is full realised along with the administration of the main Contractor
2. Chair and record regular meetings for Progress, Commercial and technical issues as applicable
3. Review, monitor and report on construction progress against Contract programme and make recommendations to Client and Contractor to notify and mitigate identified risks
4. Review, monitor and notify with respect to HSE requirements against company and regulatory standards.
5. Ensure that assigned Project staff are of the requisite skill levels required to carry out their roles and ensure that they realise their full potential through effective team building.
6. Ability to identify both Project and company risks and opportunities and manage to the appropriate level to eliminate their cause, reduce impact, mitigate liability and safeguard commercial interests
7. Ability to maintain KPI’s on timely management of changes/variations, RFI’s, document reviews and invoicing receivables etc as per Contract requirements.
8. Ability to review and approve Contractors Procurement Plan along with Project Planner
9. Ability to implement procedures to review Contractor QA submittals such as Prequalification submittals, Shop Drawings, Material Approval Requests etc
10. Monitor and inspect the Contractor works to ensure compliance with the Contract documents
11. Demonstrate experience in Cost and Claims management, appreciating that costs must be monitored and variances to budget reported to Employer.
12. Agree the value of Variations in coordination with Project Cost Consultant
13. Administer any Claims raised by the Contractor and advise the Employer accordingly and adjudicate any unresolved Claims to mitigate against escalation to arbitration.
Project Close Out
1. Ability to evaluate and recommend Substantial Completion and Handing Over of the Works in accordance with the Project and Contract requirements, including handing over of all relevant data and lessons learnt with particular emphasis on Defects Liability obligations.
2. Support the Cost Consultant in the preparation of Final Account
3. Ability to prepare Project Close Out Report
To act as a coach and mentor to subordinates and be able to motivate and inspire the team
Confident in dealing with all Project stakeholders