Available Jobs - Business / Strategic Management(7)
They are looking for 3 young candidates who are well presented, driven and have a confident personality.
Interview top tips
Available Jobs Business / Strategic Management
Duties to include:
A. Job purpose
The role holder will be responsible for providing effective leadership and direction to the business by ensuring that the desired profitability and market share are achieved in line with the company strategy while managing key stakeholder relationships and maintaining a high performance culture.
B. Key responsibilities
Participate in the formulation and implementation of the business strategy to ensure overall achievement of the company’s objectives;
Provide strategic direction and leadership on matters relating to business performance, new business opportunities, marketing, investments and other initiatives that enhance profitability and shareholder value for the insurance business;
Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Board that provide a strategic perspective, quantitative and qualitative assessment of the achievement of the planned goals for insurance business;
Provide effective leadership in the execution of the company’s strategy and annual business plans/budgets;
Ensure the achievement of targeted operational results in line with annual business plans/budgets;
Ensure appropriate management structures and policies are developed, implemented and maintained;
Maintain a proactive public relations policy that upholds the image and reputation of the company in the marketplace and the country at large;
Maintain robust Business Development and Customer Relationship strategies that ensure business acquisition, retention and growth targets of the strategic and business plans/budgets are attained;
Ensure that accurate data is maintained on all IT, core and related systems;
Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with business partners, policy makers, customers and other key stakeholders, both locally and internationally;
Effectively manage the day to day relationships with the Regulator (TIRA);
Effectively superintend the entire Tanzania Insurance Business;
A thorough understanding of local customers, the Tanzania market and industry competitors;
Excellent knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements;
Effective negotiation skills;
Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
Excellent report writing skills;
Effective business management skills;
Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
•The core purpose of the Sales Manager is to lead the sales team in the execution of sales strategies and growth plans to ensure the Company’s principal and customer objectives are achieved through increasing customer experiences and retention, brand market share growth and brand profitability.
• Develop annual sales forecasts & budgets (sell out) for brands together with the Brand Management Team, in order to reach overall company objectives and profitability goals.
• Execute retailer commercial strategies to achieve market share growth, ranking and performance objectives.
• Analyse business performance by customer group and compile and implement action plans (this includes stock assortment management).
• Develop, build and nurture business relationships through regular trade visits in order to grow the business and cultivate brand loyalty and commitment.
• Drive the correct behaviours and programs to develop a BC sales forces that has longevity (reduced staff turnover), delivers great customer experiences and achieves their sell out budgets.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of our competitors and leverage this to ensure the brands gain market share.
• Oversee the dissemination of sales information in order to measure and report on sale performance.
• Lead, manage and develop the sales team, to encourage growth and job satisfaction, whilst delivering on company objectives by optimising both the individual, team and department performance.
• Develop a dynamic (effective and productive) sales team that is results oriented and sell out focused.
• Influence, motivate and achieve high levels of commitment from subordinates, colleagues, internal and external associates in a variety of situations. Invite input from each person and share ownership; empower others.
• Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders to achieve overall brand/business objectives.
• Develop and maintain relationships with our key retailers to ensure our respective brands are deemed integral to their business, so as to maximise brand growth, support and exposure in their stores.
• Guide the sales team to work in partnership with all other departments to ensure the smooth day to day running of both the brands and the business as a whole, through regular and relevant communication.
• Ensure that the brand’s gain the maximum support across all retailers in terms of stock support and marketing support.
• Drive this skill with direct reports in order to achieve best opportunities with customers.
• Leading and Supervising
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Planning and Organising
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
• Adapting and responding to change
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
• Persuading and Influencing
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To effectively lead, manage, train and develop Retail Managers to agreed SOP’s
2. To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout operations.
3. To give support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
4. To effectively communicate with the Retail Management and shop staff, cascading information as relevant. To represent the trading business and communicate externally as required.
5. To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently.
6. To maintain and develop beneficial working relationships with other entities to further the organisation’s objectives, including appropriate attendance at Management Team meetings and volunteer forums.
7. To ensure Management appraisals are completed quarterly.
8. Actively promote the brand in local communities.
1. To grow sales and GP, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
2. To develop and grow a customer focus commercial operation including new shops to maximise available assets. To ensure awareness and account for competition, retail sector trends and current trading opportunities.
3. As the Retail Operations Manager, to develop, implement, review and monitoring the retail operating plan and budget.
4. To maintain, seek, utilise and analyse management information including EPOS (electronic point of sale) data to manage performance, seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required to reach and maintain retail budgeted sales and net income contributions and develop and drive the business.
5. To ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards.
1. To develop corporate policy driving display, merchandising, pricing and quality.
2. To monitor stock in each shop, ensuring there are adequate supplies. To identify methods of stock generation in conjunction with the Shop Manager, and to respond to stock concerns where relevant.
3. To maintain an awareness of the organisation’s priorities
4. To enforce stock levels set by the business, ensure stock rotation is done timeously and maintain stock variances to within the budget as set by the business
5. To bring innovation to the products and continually look for new products and fresh ideas
6. To highlight customer experiences and preferences and use this information to act accordingly 7. Keep the business up to date with latest marketing strategies
Property and Equipment:
8. Ensure the maintenance of shops, both freehold and leasehold, as well as butcher equipment to an acceptable standard, complying with both safety standards and planned preventative maintenance.
9. Highlight any property or equipment issues timeously to the business
1. To undertake all mandatory training as required by business and participate in appropriate in-service training as and when required.
2. Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information acquired
3. To undertake an appraisal and personal development review quarterly and through self-development, continuously update and improve knowledge and competencies.
4. To be a co-operative and supportive member of business staff, ensuring that all members are aware of any issues in the post holder’s workload, which may affect other members of the team.
5. To take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these.
6. Co-operating fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods as appropriate.
7. To promote at all times the business philosophy and uphold the business core values.
8. To undertake any other relevant duties within the overall scope of this post as may be requested by the Chief Executive or Finance & Retail Director.
The successful applicants will be reporting to the Milk Supply Development Executive.
Formulates department strategy
Manages the performance of the team (MSDOs and Vet Officers)
Provide technical expertise to dairy farmer and farm workers
Implement strategies to increase raw milk intake share
Implement strategies to improve raw milk quality
Liaise with relevant stakeholders in the industry e.g. ZADF, ZDIT, Dairy Services, NDC, Ministry, etc.
Write business proposals
Develop and ensure all producers have valid milk supply contracts
Develop and maintain the Quality Premium Scheme for milk pay-out
Ensure all producers are assisted with queries on test results, rejections, payments, etc Assist producers with heifer loan scheme administration
Management of farmer support, input procurement, distribution and payment of inputs
Milk development activities – pasture development, silage and hay production
Attract new producers; including establishing new milk producer groups
Develop and implement producer communication strategy – engaging producers, providing regular updates
Good planner, organized and confident, good report writing skills;
Good communicator with customer focus;
Self-motivated with attention to detail, prioritization skills and ability to manage a team;
Self –starter, sober habits and able to work with minimum supervision;
Excellent negotiation, communication and dispute resolution skills;
Extensive knowledge of the dairy industry;
Computer literacy and knowledge of SAP an added advantage
Clean Class Four (4) Driver’s License;
Site inspection / site analyses.
Bill of quantities.
Kick of Meeting.
Delivery of material to site.
Supervisor on installations.
Meeting of milestones.
Safety files appointments.
Signing of projects.
Health and safety management.
Responsible for formulating bill of quantities.
Project performance and control.
The role will take responsibility for all aspects from set up of the business, assisting with recruitment of a team, liaising with international investors, and then managing all areas of the business.
Must have experience of working with Executive Level
Duties to include:
Sales of farming equipment
Ordering and sales of spares
Management of a small team of staff
Basic logistics management and cashflow management
Oversee day to day operations
Set policies and processes
Strong negotiation skills
Excellent communication skills
Problem solving aptitude