Available Jobs - Legal(12)
Interview top tips
Available Jobs Legal
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitating communication between property owners, landlords, lawyers, and the CEO
• Conducting research and distributing real estate documents
• Tracking of all changes or adjustments necessary to lease documents received. (Amendments, Addendums, etc.)
• Tracing, filing and monitoring of lease documentation
• Draft renewal/new offers, Cessions, Leases and Addendums (not sure if this going to be a requirement too)
• Manage future renewal diary i.e. Option to Renew and facilitate issuing of required notices
• General Administration
• Performing daily administrative tasks, answering phones, diary management duties for the CEO.
• Coordination of Travel arrangements.
• Managing office supplies and maintaining proper stock levels
• Ensure effective functioning and maintenance of office equipment
• Maintain office services and ensure that all office equipment is in working condition
• Typing, computer literacy, telephone skills, administration, organisational skills.
• General business and property management acumen.
• Well organized and have a strong ability to pay attention to detail.
Our client is looking for a Paralegal/Company Secretarial to join their team
The role will be providing legal support to the company Business Units in SSA and to a growing dedicated GBS legal function across Africa (circa 11 lawyers). Assist legal counsels and corporate secretarial dept to organize and maintain corporate records. Drafting board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, powers of attorney, and updating company constitutional documents, managing capital increases, assisting in the updating of templates and form documents across SSA, assisting with legal research, aiding in the roll out of programs to ensure compliance with data protection laws across SSA.
Provide legal support for all lawyers/BUs and the corporate secretary for SSA. Support drafting of contracts/RFQs review, legal research, preparation of legal advice and other legal enquires from Business Partners.
Updating corporate constitutional documents to ensure compliance and harmonization with various local laws, including OHADA regulations.
Assist legal counsels to ensure all BUs comply with laws and regulations applicable to business units in country, including in particular data protection laws;
Ensuring capital increases are done when needed to prevent insolvency, etc. Drafting of shareholder and board approvals of annual accounts, appointment of new directors, managers, and the filing and approval of the audited annual accounts.
Provide general administrative support to legal team and other administrative duties as assigned by legal team.
Assist legal team in assuring organization's legal interests are best represented and protected in customer, supplier and third party contracts
Works with internal stakeholders to obtain information requested by legal team.
Finance & Projects:
Manage iShare, and keeping contract forms and templates updated
Prepares material for delivery of legal training courses on legal topics relevant to the business, including competition law, contracts training courses, etc.;
Assist with admin tasks to aid legal team, including invoice tracking, law firm onboarding, cost management, expenses
No direct report and authority over country line and functional personnel.
A team player
Ability to apply legal knowledge and expertise in business environment
Hardworking, very detail-oriented and well-organized, a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Developing legal analytical skills
Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
As Senior Legal Counsel/Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for all legal matters for the companies throughout English speaking Sub-Saharan Africa as well as minimize the risk of legal exposure in key activities related to commercial and operating practices. You’ll represent the company in all aspects of legal requirements to ensure that the company processes & procedures comply with local and/or international legislation as well as standard corporate practices. In this role, you’ll focus on drafting and finalizing various form agreements, including the negotiation of Multi-National Customers (MNC) and and some CSI customer contracts in the relevant countries.
Advise members of business on legal and related risks associated with company operations.
Involved in providing a comprehensive "one stop shop" for subject matter legal expertise operations.
Review legal analyses and make recommendations to senior management on how to respond to legal issues or proposed changes in laws and regulations.
Review and approve legal contracts, letters of agreement, and other documents related to a variety of trade, commercial, financial, and operational matters (e.g., loans, leases, purchase agreements, acquisitions, divestitures, employment contracts) to protect the organisation's legal and business interests.
Advise business on legal trends and developing areas of law.
Design and implement legal risk mitigation strategies in your area of responsibility.
Responsible for assuring organization's legal interests are best represented and protected in customer, vendor and third party contracts, including being an active participant in negotiating such contracts.
Responsible for defending the organization's legal interests in litigation and claims, which may include external legal spend in sub-region with highest level responsibility.
Work with the Head of Legal EEMEA (based in Dubai) and the East and Southern Africa Area Director (based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) to manage all aspects of internal and external legal spend in your area of responsibility.
Must be able to write board minutes
Ensure the implementation of the action items and matters arising within the set timelines
Strong bias in accounting and experience with bank liaison as well as dealing with creditors and creditors reconciliations.
Ensuring prompt perfection of securities to protect the Bank
Issuing prompt Legal Opinions to the Bank and Branches in line with existing Policies Laws and regulation
Advise on security documentation in respect of Credit Request and ensuring such documents are properly executed before disbursement of facilities
Ensure safe keeping of security documents in line with best Industry Practices
Ensuring lease agreement and all agreements executed by the Bank contain terms beneficial to the Bank
Represent and project the Bank’s Interest in forums for contemporary issues in the Banking industry
To undertake general office administration and attend to litigation cases and crisis issues bank wide, with a view to mitigating the bank’s contingent liabilities.
Assist in debt collection by handling debt collection cases internally and by working closely with Head EWRR on cases being handled internally and by the external lawyers.
Handle and respond to all Garnishee Orders, and any enquiries by authorized bodies on the Bank.
Review all Legal Documents and Contracts.
Advise the Bank on key Regulatory and Statutory developments that impinge the business of the bank.
To carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Identify expertise required to implement business strategies, in terms of roles and skills
Facilitate preparation and execution of all security documents for and on behalf of the bank.
Review all legal files and security documentation and ensure that the same adequately cover all risks
Advise shareholders and stakeholders on key regulatory and statutory developments that impinge the business of the bank.
Ensure that the bank is adequately represented on all legal and other matters
Ensure that all securities offered are duly completed and registered Offer guidance to the Branches on all legal issues and provide training to Bank Staff to raise legal awareness.
Ensure that evidence in all court proceedings where the bank is a party is availed.
Attendance and preparation of Minutes of Departmental Meetings and any other meetings as may be requested by the Head Legal/Company Secretary.
Taking appropriate action against loan defaulters from sending out demand notices to finalization of matters under litigation.
Liaison with external advocates in respect of litigation.
Attending to Litigation matters.
Availing opinions on legal issues affecting the Bank
Gather, analyse and maintain data and information on Legal cases
Maintain and coordinate the Contracts, Guarantees, Securities Registers.
Ensure implementation and compliance with operational instructions from Legal and Audit missions
Pay attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
Capability to working in a diverse & dynamic environment
Dynamic, result oriented problem solver.
Strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
Strong IT capabilities, fully conversant with Microsoft office.
Excellent analytical skills
Ability to understand Compliance risks and how to mitigate them.
Ability to understand the company strategy.
Sense of detail and capacity to identify business related risks and internal control weaknesses.
Willingness to learn, understand and monitor the legal and regulatory requirements.
Willingness to undertake both formal and informal training as and when necessary to increase knowledge and develop abilities.
Responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements.
This role is part of the executive team with the responsibility to oversee non-revenue generating operations/systems and ensure they run seamlessly and efficiently.
Provide strategic planning, operational support, research, and advice to senior management on administrative matters such as staff management, financial planning, IT operational efficiencies, Social responsibility, and facilities management.
Facilitate communication and training for all staff. as well as ensuring that employees conform to the firm’s policies and procedures from an operations and service perspective, including labour and wage laws.
Oversee expense management, including budget tracking, headcount ratios, and travel and expense reports, and other kinds of expenses pertaining to the organization, with a focus on adherence to firm policies.
Co-ordinating office processes and procedures to ensure organisational and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Managing all aspects of the HR function within the company including the Learning & Development, together with management of Public Relations activity. Based at head office, the role will require travel to ensure appropriate and timely communication across all levels throughout the company.
Responsible for constantly conducting staff meetings to communicate policies and procedures, share best practices, and promote teamwork within the organization, providing
High-level administrative support in various aspects of an organization’s operations.
Responsible for the business and service functions with a focus on consistency, quality, and compliance with firm policies and procedures.
Must have managed HR at some point
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure that the CEO and relevant stakeholders are provided with updates and reports on a regular basis, where necessary
* Handling Internal and External queries and reports pertaining to asset risks
* Actively identify, grow and leverage key regulatory/licensing relationships and knowledge to ensure compliance and governance according to company policy and local legislation as a minimum.
* Ensure great care, attention to detail, due diligence and the necessary approval from the CEO or designate is received for all new agreements prior to authorize signature.
* Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
* Verification of service contracts and whether these are compliant with local legislations (whether these are professionally insured, back-to-back liabilities covered or not, business operation licenses in place, building requirements)
* Developing, overseeing, and evaluate control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
* Working in collaboration with Finance concerning compliance with IFRS reporting standards
* Conducting Risk Profiling Assessment and Investigations on Companies and Clients.
* Screen, identify and verify the background of the Client, the Country’s laws and regulations involved in accordance with the relevant Anti Money Laundering (AML) legislation
* Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining internal systems and controls to help detect, monitor and report money laundering activities to the authorities so as to ensure that the company is not exposed to criminal risk, and does not inadvertently facilitate financial crime.
* Developing and maintaining a risk assessment framework for products and services, clients and customers, and other issues relating to money laundering.
* Managing the Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence for all the companies and ensuring that all documents are in order and ensuring compliance with international legislations such Anti Money Laundering (AML/ Comparing the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) regulations per country
* Leading in training and educating employees on the importance of following the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements. These include an explanation of the regulations, 1 the promotion of best practice and keeping staff up to date with changes in the different country laws
* Uphold the ethical integrity of the organization and also ensure that business activities are conducted using a regulatory framework
* Conduct internal audits and reviews at regular intervals to ensure that compliance procedures are regularly followed and that appropriate corrective actions are identified and closed out
* Communication Skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
* Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicated and work well in a team environment as well as on an individual basis, as well as to make fast and effective decisions
* Character: Enjoys hard work and is full of energy to meet challenges; seizes opportunities when they arise and is action-orientated
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong organization skills, with the ability to objectively and decisively priorities tasks.
* Able to establish relationships with, and influence people at all levels of the organization
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality about all legal matters
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
* Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to renewable energy power generation projects.
* Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance, and sustainability issues.
* Ethics and Compliance and governance services.
* Cooperation with the other members of the legal department
* Written Communication.
* Client Service.
* Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
* Legal Research.
* Technology Skills.
* Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedure.
* Time Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*This role requires supporting the Legal Compliance Manager. Includes commercial and corporate law advisory; compliance and governance; contract and policy review and drafting; conducting training and presentations. No litigation or recoveries.
*Work closely with the Manager and provide support on all tasks and client commitments.
*Liaise with clients and maintain/grow relationships.
*Support in admin and sales function where necessary.
*Attend to all business writing requirements.
*Prepare and present legal advice and opinion.
*Review and draft contracts and policies as required by business.
*Conduct training and presentations to clients.
*Attention to detail.
*Persuasive communication. ...Written communication skills.
*Technical skills. Analytical and research skills.
Corporate services (company returns, board meetings)
The purpose of this role is to safeguard the interest of the organisation through legal means by performing various tasks related to legal matters in a company and ensuring the CEO makes ethical and informed legal decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deal with day-to-day legal issues as they arise and as instructed
• Conduct legal research and draft opinions
• Negotiate, draft, comment on, and ratify legal agreements as required for suppliers, customers,
service providers and more
• Inform customers of changes to legislation and the common law
• Analyse legal position and make recommendations independently as required or in consultation with CEO and/or external legal counsel as required
• Provide legal assistance to Human resources team for employment matters and contract drafting for employment and other relating matters.
• To act as an owner of company’s IP assets such as trademarks, copyrights, patents, brand names (registrations & renewals)
• Collaborate with stakeholders and account owners / departments to educate internal stakeholders on compliance, legal and data protection requirements and to continuously promote a culture of compliance, integrity, and data protection internally
• Ensure that the CEO and relevant stakeholders are provided with updates and reports on a regular basis, where necessary
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness in all the areas outlined in the roles and responsibilities
• Logistics, Financial Services, Financial Technology or Consumer Financial Services experience preferred
• High attention to detail essential