Available Jobs - Education(3)
Interview top tips
Available Jobs Education
The Chemistry and Physics Teacher will prepare our students to write their final theory and practical Cambridge IGCSE and AS & A level examinations. They will also work together with the Lab Manager and be responsible for the practical’s in the laboratory providing guidance to tutors and students on how to use lab facilities in an appropriate and safe manner and ensure the compliance with health and safety standards of laboratory operations. Basic Duties and Responsibilities TEACHER Administrative Tasks – General 1. Peak Performance – submitting marks and comments electronically on a daily / weekly basis 2. Preparing schedules per semester (every 6 months) 3. Writing up reports and / comments Preparation of Material 1. Researching new material 2. Setting tasks, tests and exam papers 3. Preparing lessons / group sessions (Contact time) 4. Searching for and photocopying past exam papers, resources and worksheets 5. Preparing relevant news-related clips to relating to textbook content Assessment of performance / progress of students 1. Marking books and “end of unit” chapter tests 2. Marking tasks set 3. Marking tests or exams Engagement with students 1. Addressing study skill techniques 2. Conducting Individual / small group sessions with students 3. Going over past papers and pointing out individual errors 4. Mentor, assist, guide and instruct Miscellaneous 1. Attend staff meetings 2. Attend parent meetings 3. Attend teambuilding, open days, marketing events LAB PRACTICAL COORDINATOR (working together with Lab Manager) 1. Prepare adequate quantity and quality of chemicals for experiments in a timely manner. 2. Prepare, issue and replace laboratory equipment 3. Respond to technical questions related to stock solutions and use of equipment. 4. Supply and maintain an equipment inventory; order supplies and equipment for the lab and keep the stockroom organised. 5. Maintain equipment to ensure accuracy and efficient performance. 6. Keep up to date with developments in practical science and health and safety requirements. Serve as a safety officer for the lab and oversee safety is adhered to by students and tutors 7. Develop and design practical schedules that assist students to become confident in applying scientific skills to complete the requirements set out in the Cambridge syllabus. 8. Prepare, conduct and mark practical lab tests for Internal Peak Assessments. 9. Maintains breakage records and submits list of charges and refunds each semester. 10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. 11. Participate in curriculum and staff development opportunities as required. Attend team meetings and professional development as necessary. 12. Be proactive in matters relating to the lab and students. Working hours 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Able to address and engage students with patience, empathy and respect.
Have a willingness to learn and grow under instruction.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Good interpersonal and communication skills (Especially in English)
Be organised, reliable, dependable and adaptable.
Knowledge of supplies, equipment and / or services ordering and inventory control.
Ability to prepare stock chemicals according to given standards.
Ability to analyse and solve problems.
Knowledge and understanding of experimental protocols and procedures.
Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
Good ICT literacy and skills.
- Create lesson plans and teach those plans to the entire class, individually to students or in small groups
- track student progress and present the information to parents
- create tests
- create and reinforce classroom rules
- work with school administration
- prepare students for standardised tests
- manage students outside the classroom, such as in school hallways etc.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students' attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes home, and in the case of postsecondary teachers, publish research. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students
Lobbying public sector and NGO’s on the company's products and the implantation of the manuel’s.
Running the office and the shop (The entire cost center)
Good communication skills