Flavour Process Engineer/Flavour Industrialization Technician - Johannesburg, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Company Type||Flavours, Perfumes|
|Job Role||Flavour Process Engineer/Flavour Industrialization Technician|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Senior Management|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Nationality||South African national preferred|
|Degree||BSc Food, biochemistry or chemistry|
Organize industrialization of new flavour products and participate actively to the continuous improvement of flavour manufacturing technologies.
Lead industrialization of new products in a plant (newly created products, reformulate and/or transferred products from other sites).
Collaborate with other FLIN members working on any flavour manufacturing technologies.
Foster a friendly, inclusive culture that leads to collaboration between Technology Expertise Centre, other Engineering teams and across Division Operations with a focus on results for the Group and operational excellence.
Update yearly SAP master recipes data in accordance with the procedures defined by the company.
Support deployment of 2020 Engineering strategy and roadmap covering flavour manufacturing technologies.
Industrialize new products:
- Enforce GCP compliance,
- Ensure formulas are also respecting HS&E global policy and would be safe to produce for the companies’ people and equipment,
- Work in close collaboration with the Innovation team in order to ensure good industrial feasibility of new developments
- Support creators on nonstandard recipes and applications,
- Work with product creators to optimize product formulation “design for manufacture”
- Set up and follow up trials of first production,
- Introduce and update regularly manufacturing instructions,
- Maintain KPI to monitor % of formula compliance and the number of trials per month.
- Drive manufacturing process improvement at the site and support regional colleagues to do the same at other sites in the supply network
- Introduction of new manufacturing technologies to the site working with global technical experts
- Work as part of a global community of practice to develop and transfer best practice within manufacturing operations
Assist large scale productions:
- Review Master Data Management requests and set up appropriate parameters in SAP,
- Review and update regularly processing conditions to continuously improve performances and products in Operations,
- Optimize and troubleshoot low performing products.
Define, organize, follow up and analyze trials to support initiatives from other groups such as purchasing, QC, R&D, and Business.
Participate in trials to implement process improvements in accordance with technical standards or Standard Operation Procedures defined by the company.
Based on the pilot and industrial lines experiences propose/discuss with company group leaders’ potential projects to improve flavour manufacturing performances.
- Support company TEC leaders to define and implement new GPE, GTS, GDI,
- Analyze formulae complexity to update their status and propose to TEC leaders some amendment to GCP's,
- Help FLIN groups to manage complexity status and control it is correctly updated.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to work with interdisciplinary groups composed of people from various background, degree of Education, skills and experience.
Availability to travel up to 15%.
5 years experience in F&F, Food or similar Process Industries.
An interest for Production (preferred)
Microsoft Office suite
SAP & Firmes
Senior Quality ControllerJohannesburg, South AfricaOur client is looking for a senior quality controller will work directly for and with the Quality Manager to implement, manage and report on systems and processes that ensure the factory food management system is running as optimally as possible.
Food Safety OfficerHarare,ZimbabweOur Client is looking for a Food Safety Officer to join their team.
Branch ManagerCape Town, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Branch Manager to join their team!
Quality Controllers x 2Harare,Zimbabwe
Flavour Process Engineer/Flavour Industrialization TechnicianJohannesburg, South AfricaOur international client is looking for a Flavour Process Engineer/Flavour Industrialisation Technician to join their operations in South Africa.