Retail Operations Manager - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Job Role||Retail Operations Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Monthly Salary||R35 000|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||2|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To effectively lead, manage, train and develop Retail Managers to agreed SOP’s
2. To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout operations.
3. To give support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
4. To effectively communicate with the Retail Management and shop staff, cascading information as relevant. To represent the trading business and communicate externally as required.
5. To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently.
6. To maintain and develop beneficial working relationships with other entities to further the organisation’s objectives, including appropriate attendance at Management Team meetings and volunteer forums.
7. To ensure Management appraisals are completed quarterly.
8. Actively promote the brand in local communities.
1. To grow sales and GP, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
2. To develop and grow a customer focus commercial operation including new shops to maximise available assets. To ensure awareness and account for competition, retail sector trends and current trading opportunities.
3. As the Retail Operations Manager, to develop, implement, review and monitoring the retail operating plan and budget.
4. To maintain, seek, utilise and analyse management information including EPOS (electronic point of sale) data to manage performance, seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required to reach and maintain retail budgeted sales and net income contributions and develop and drive the business.
5. To ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards.
1. To develop corporate policy driving display, merchandising, pricing and quality.
2. To monitor stock in each shop, ensuring there are adequate supplies. To identify methods of stock generation in conjunction with the Shop Manager, and to respond to stock concerns where relevant.
3. To maintain an awareness of the organisation’s priorities
4. To enforce stock levels set by the business, ensure stock rotation is done timeously and maintain stock variances to within the budget as set by the business
5. To bring innovation to the products and continually look for new products and fresh ideas
6. To highlight customer experiences and preferences and use this information to act accordingly 7. Keep the business up to date with latest marketing strategies
Property and Equipment:
8. Ensure the maintenance of shops, both freehold and leasehold, as well as butcher equipment to an acceptable standard, complying with both safety standards and planned preventative maintenance.
9. Highlight any property or equipment issues timeously to the business
1. To undertake all mandatory training as required by business and participate in appropriate in-service training as and when required.
2. Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information acquired
3. To undertake an appraisal and personal development review quarterly and through self-development, continuously update and improve knowledge and competencies.
4. To be a co-operative and supportive member of business staff, ensuring that all members are aware of any issues in the post holder’s workload, which may affect other members of the team.
5. To take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these.
6. Co-operating fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods as appropriate.
7. To promote at all times the business philosophy and uphold the business core values.
8. To undertake any other relevant duties within the overall scope of this post as may be requested by the Chief Executive or Finance & Retail Director.
Must have own vehicle
Country Manager - ZimbabweHarare,ZimbabweOur Client is looking for a Country Manager to join the team and too provide overall leadership, strategic & operational direction for the company in Zimbabwe
CEO Call CentreHarare,ZimbabweLooking for a Call Centre CEO to be run as a separate revenue generating entity
Milk Supply Development Manager - Paterson Grade D4Harare,ZimbabweApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Milk Supply Development Manager that has arisen in our Clients organization.
Head of Mobile PaymentsHarare,ZimbabweOur Client is looking for a Head of Mobile Payments to join their team. The incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic direction for business’s payments - mobile, banking, and card and encompassing the ecosystem of merchants, banks and enterprise channels (retail and wholesale).
General ManagerHarare,ZimbabweOur Client is looking for an experienced General Manager to join their team.