Raw Materials Food Technologist - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Job Role||Raw Materials Food Technologist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||3-5|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Key Job Functions
• Supporting the incoming raw material QC team in checking COA’s of incoming goods, requesting any necessary missing documentation to ensure this documentation is received in a timely manner from suppliers & allowing for timely raw material release, planning & organizing any external testing of incoming materials.
• Manage and maintain supplier raw materials specifications and self-audit questionnaires.
• Rigorously ensure that all suppliers and ingredients meet appropriate food safety standards such as allergen and foreign body control
• Risk Assessing suppliers & raw materials (support of HACCP / VACCP systems), developing incoming testing programs
• Ensure new and revised ingredients meet all legal requirements including food labelling laws
• Manage and maintain the authenticity risk register and chains of custody for raw materials Ensure certificates and due diligence documentation is held for all suppliers
• Support NPD by overseeing the approval of new ingredients and suppliers through to kitchen stage by checking suitability and assessing quality and food safety risks
• Maintaining supplier approval documentation
• Set up new suppliers and maintain current suppliers on FPI.
• Manage supplier sites on FPI by ensuring all certificates are up to date and supplier information is accurate.
• Close off all supplier audit findings on FPI in collaboration with the supplier.
• Ensure suppliers are compliant with our ethical requirements
• Carry out horizon scanning, communicating risks appropriately
• Monitor supplier KPI performance, work with the Supplier Technologists to continuously review current ways of working and look for improvements
• Undertake the completion of customer and Brand specifications and associated documentation to meet required critical paths.
• Ensure that all specifications and artwork are accurate and comply with all relevant legislation, as per the critical path.
• Review and comment on relevant artwork platforms, ensuring timescales are met to achieve project.
• Developing & maintaining buying specifications
• Assisting with training of staff within QC & warehouse as necessary
• Review & develop procedures & SOPs as part of annual system reviews and in accordance to business needs / changes
o Daily checking of rejection area & resolving NCR’s
o Recording, reporting & resolving non-conformance situations. Performing root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of issue.
• Perform any ad hoc duties as identified by the QA manager.
Person Profile, Skills and Attitude
• Good Time management skills.
• Be available to assist with stock take which could include a Saturday and or Sunday.
• Have a clear criminal record.
• Good communication skills both verbally and written.
• Attention to detail essential which will include accuracy and speed.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Ability to work in a team
• Physical fitness (physical work)
• Understanding of warehouse terminology procedures and best practice.
• Quality Delivery
• Adapting to Change
• Applying Knowledge & Expertise
• Interpersonal Relations
• Planning and organising
• Taking Initiative
• Degree Btech, Bsc
• Supplier management experience
• Supplier auditing experience
Business Development ManagerJohannesburg, South AfricaOur client, in the FMCG industry, is looking for a Business Development Manager with 5-10 experience working with retailers and brands (essential).
Retail Shop ManagerMasvingo,ZimbabweOur Client in a well established business is now looking for Retail Shop Managers to join the team.
Baker - Biscuits, Bread, RollsHarare,ZimbabweOur client,a leading food manufacturing company is looking for a Baker to direct and coordinate the production and operational activities of a commercial bakery
Sales RepresentativeHarare,ZimbabweWe are on the lookout for a heavy hitting Sales Representative with financial acumen, to join our client in the Manufacturing industry.