Auditor - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Years of Experience||2|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Nationality||Residents or work permits required|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To be a successful Auditor, you should be focused on helping businesses optimize operations and ensuring that their policies and procedures are in compliance with current regulations. You should be knowledgeable, objective, logical, and detail-oriented.
* Working with companies and government agencies to research and solve problems and develop policies and procedures that comply with current legislation.
* Analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing new control systems that optimize operations or utilize new technologies.
* Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
* Researching discrepancies, operational problems, or other issues.
* Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to company assets and liabilities.
* Bringing company strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
* Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
* Maintaining awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments.
* Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the business is operating efficiently and in compliance with all current regulations.
* Strong CaseWare knowledge [worked with CaseWare extensively, and can work with CaseWare on their own, no or little guidance needed].
* Strong accounting and auditing base.
* Preferably have done articles, but not crucial.
* Accounting/auditing graduate, or similar.
* Exceptional research, planning, problem-solving, critical thinking, and math skills.
* Excellent presentation, collaboration, and verbal and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Pastel and XERO, and filing.
* Two years of experience in a relevant field is generally required.
* Additional distinctions or certifications may be preferred or required.
* Own car, with a valid driver's license.