Technical Reliability Engineer - Kitwe, Zambia
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Kitwe, Zambia|
|Company Type||Mining and Machinery|
|Job Role||Technical Reliability Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Monthly Salary||K80,000 Gross|
|Career Level||Senior Management|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Kitwe, Zambia|
This Technical / Reliability Engineer role shall source and develop analysis methods to determine reliability of the Company Products, components, and processes by acquiring and analyzing data. The position shall develop reports detailing reliability trends and in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, provide recommendations for improvements to address the reliability issues.
This job role shall advise the Customer on OEM best maintenance practices including services, Major Component Exchanges, and System functions.
This position is the initiator of product improvement, with the sole purpose of maximizing fleet reliability through product issue reporting, analysis of data, recommending of improvement.
Essential Job Duties:
• Ensures MIN Product Improvement Reports (PIR) issued by product technicians meets the established requirement and with adequate data and or meaningful information.
• Reviews PIR’s issued by Company personnel, and conduct analyses of the reliability problems using various sources of information within the Liebherr group.
• In coordination with Customer Service Team, investigate reliability problems to determine the root causes using methodologies such as the “5-Why”.
• Develop reporting tools to come up with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports
• In coordination with the Service manager, work with the Liebherr Factories (MIN & EMT) to provide improvements on product issues.
• Focal point for Field Test implementation and Reporting. • Develop monthly product reliability Trend Reporting detailing improvement initiatives and ongoing projects. • Where local improvement are recommended, ensure all related MIN Policies are followed including MIN PO MIN 302 37527.(which is about ?)
• Provide technical assistance on all product and/or quality related issues
• Monitor the local fleet, identify, and report any improvement potential or development need to the corresponding factory
• Where required, assist the Service Department with planning and execution of field activities to document product and/or service process improvements.
• Ensure that the quality of product reliability information provided by the affiliate is good enough to allow proper action.
• Ensure all activities are conducted within Company and Legislative workplace health and safety guidelines
• Provide technical assistance to the Service manager on reliability related dealings with MIN and EMT factories.
• Follow up on execution of Customer Service Information TI’s as approved with Product support representatives as a means of driving improvements.
• Provides technical advice in the development of service manuals, Technical Instructions (TI’s) and Service Instructions (SI’s), Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), and training courses.
• Issue Product Improvement Reports on specific failures where broader perspective is required to outline the problems.
• Update PIR’s with Root Cause Analysis Reports issued by Reman Centres.
• Highly involved in the warranty process, ensures the technical content of claims is clear and complete
• Provide assistance to Service Manager where required.
Data / It Systems, Reporting & Budgeting
1: Evaluates and offer recommendations on aspects of budgeting requirements
2: Demonstrates the ability to utilize online / Liebherr technical solutions that improve the effectiveness of the reporting and information management systems
3: Accesses appropriate data and information to analyze specific business challenges and recommend solutions or suggest improvements to the system
4: Utilizes the reporting and information management systems to generate statistical reports
Works in a cross-functional team to provide analytic support for senior managers and directors.
• Plays an active role in defining performance of processes
• Develops and expands business reporting to make tactical decisions while identifying opportunities and threats.
• Anticipates short term requirements
• Exhibits strong functional knowledge of tools and techniques for forecasting demand and capacity.
• Applies planning and forecasting techniques regarding demand and capacity.
Documentation and Archiving
Assists in the development of documentation and archiving policies, procedures, and processes (including retention and disposal) in line with legal requirements and best practices.
• Compares alternative systems for record maintenance, archiving, and disposal as well as make adequate recommendations.
• Provides orientation to users on how to use the documentation and archiving facilities and services. • Understands business processes and required documents
• Advises management on legal issues such as access to information and privacy, copyright and other information-related issues
Demonstrates the ability to utilize online technical solutions that improve the effectiveness of the reporting and information management systems
• Accesses appropriate data and information to analyze specific business challenges and recommend solutions.
• Utilizes the reporting and information management systems to generate statistical reports
Has oversight of stakeholder issues and drivers.
• Uses knowledge when building relationships and determining appropriate action on stakeholder input and expectations.
• Has the ability to handle complex issues.
• Takes ownership of issues and sees them through resolution while providing guidance and support to other team members.
• Anticipates and manages any conflicts
Occupational Health and Safety
Review and report on working practice and the environment to highlight potential risks and hazards
• Works with others to improve safe working practice and the environment
• Involves others to increase their understanding of the nature of risks and hazards according to induction protocols and escalate as needed
• Act as primary contact with 3rd parties such as the HSE related regulatory bodies
Performs maintenance jobs of moderate complexity.
• Identifies potential problems that might require unplanned / ad hoc maintenance.
• Prepares and submits reports on maintenance jobs (including factors such as but not limited to cost, time, etc.).
• Demonstrate capacity to identify and use own tooling required to carryout complex task
Project Management Team
Project Product and Technical Support Team
HR, HSE, Parts and Service Admin Teams
Customer Reliability Teams
EC/ ME/COC/ as required
Solid understanding of machine components, assemblies and how they interact
Demonstrated understanding and ability to Implement CSI as per group SOP’s
Analytical thinking - Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyses the costs benefits, opportunities, and risks associated with each alternative solution
Data / It Systems, Reporting & Budgeting
Documentation and Archiving
Prior Reliability related experience will be an added advantage.
Class 3 ElectricianHarare,ZimbabweA leading manufacturing company is looking for an Electrician to join their team
Parts ClerkHarare,ZimbabweOur client within the Automotive industry is looking for a Parts Clerk to join their very busy parts department.
The successful individual must be able to work under pressure, be accurate with numbers, and be a hard worker
Class One Motor Mechanic - BulawayoBulawayo,ZimbabweA leading services company is looking for a Motor Mechanic to join their Bulawayo team
Assistant Branch Manager - GweruGweru,ZimbabweOur client is looking for an Assistant Branch Manager to join their team
Truck DriverHarare,ZimbabweA leading manufacturing company is looking for Truck Drivers to distribute loads to various locations