Financial Manager - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Job Role||Financial Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Degree||CA (SA) with minimum 4 years post article experience in industry; or bcom degree with completed SAICA / SAIPA articles & minimum 6 years post article experience and similar position|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reporting to finance lead (head of finance)
• Ensure quality control & integrity over all financial transactions, compliance and financial reporting
• Reviews of income statement and balance sheet items monthly up to management reports to make sure reports are accurate and complete
• Provide full sets of management reports (accurate and complete) within deadlines every month • Various franchisor financial reports
• Strategic input of financial results
• Analysing various financial results and from bi portals
• Reconciliation of all balance sheet items (preparation / reviews) on a monthly and yearly basis
• Review payments and reconciliations (vat, salaries, suppliers, taxes, etc.)
• Staff management (including leave planning, recruitment process, interviews, performance reviews, etc.)
• Control all month end processing & reconciliation procedures, checklists, and work calendars
• Make sure all daily, weekly and monthly finance deadlines are met
• Control all year end close procedures
• Develop business processes and internal controls to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Annual audit preparations, schedules, queries, etc.
• Annual financial statements of all retail entities
• Insurance related work and making sure company policies are up to date and adequately insured.
• Liaise with insurance brokers.
• Liaise with banks, auditors, landlords
• Cash flow management, forecasts, etc.
• All taxation calculations (income, provisional & deferred) and submissions to sars
• Sars related audits
• Stock take procedures and analysing results
• Annual budget preparations
• Acquisition and due diligence related work
• Streamlining / automating systems and procedures
• Presentations for directors and shareholders meetings
• Maintenance of systems, like sage evolution, etc.
• Full back up for finance lead when not available
• Manage certain projects and objectives throughout the year
• Any ad hoc duties and projects in finance department on daily / weekly / monthly / yearly basis
• Adhering to principles & values
• Following instructions & procedures
• Delivering results & meeting expectations
• Structured & very organised approach
• Focused on detail & accuracy
• Be able to handle volume, stress & deadlines (non-negotiable)
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Strong people management skills (experience needed – non-negotiable)
• Self-starter, adaptable, energetic & confident
• Completely proficient in english
• Knowledge & understanding of ifrs for sme and sa taxes
• High computer literacy
• Advanced excel skills (non-negotiable)
• Sage evolution knowledge will be a strong advantage
• Excellent reconciliation skills & strong financial technical knowledge
• CA (SA) with minimum 4 years post article experience in industry; or bcom degree with completed SAICA / SAIPA articles & minimum 6 years post article experience and similar position.
FTC Finance ManagerCape Town, South Africano JD - simon was interviewed for FM Moz and offered this FTC role - accepted starts 1st may for 6 months - full time role to follow based on how he does
Debtors ControllerJohannesburg, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Debtors Controller to join their team.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Clerk to join their organization.