Senior Financial Accountant - Malawi
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Role||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Degree||Degree in Accounting|
Responsible for the production of monthly management accounts. Reporting and production of management accounts is done after reconciliation of all items appearing on a trial balance.
• Bank Reconciliation: review of all bank reconciliations, reconciliation of all credit facilities and loans.
• Cashflow Reporting – Daily and Monthly Reports
• Reviews monthly the inventory report from warehouse to ensure goods on the ground match up with items in the system.
• Prepares for the annual audits and provides the auditors with the required information during the audit process.
• Ensures that the accounting departments are adequately staffed with suitably qualified personnel where applicable and that detailed job descriptions are in place for all staff.
• Ensures that regular staff performance evaluations of immediate subordinates are conducted as guided by company policy.
• Computation of monthly salaries to head office staff, monthly wages and cash salaries.
• Petty Cash maintenance and reconciliation.
• Review of the capturing of invoices from suppliers and monthly supplier reconciliations.
• Monthly Intercompany Supplier Reconciliations.
• Monthly Provision calculation and posting to the ERP system.
• Prepares Quarterly Forecasts
• Compiles yearly Budget
• Assists the Financial Accountant to produce the monthly management accounts.
• Maintains and updates fixed asset register.
• Posts month end journals
• Financial accounting skills including basic book-keeping
• Analytical thinking about financial processes.
• Management accounting and financial management skills
• Written skills
• Process analysis and project management skills.
• Presentation skills
• IT skills
• Ability to Manage People at Work
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role.