Head of Employee Relations - Johannesburg, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Job Role||Head of Employee Relations|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Degree||Bachelor's or Master’s level in Law or Business|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Employee Relations Strategy: Defining and implementing ER frameworks (e.g. tools, processes, training, and communication) in support of a business strategy to increase employee engagement and productivity.
• Influence managers to increase understanding of ER (including Human Rights topics) aiming to increase effectiveness at dealing with ER issues regionally understanding the potential cross-business and global impact to reduce business risks and support constructive social partner engagement.
• Social Partner Relationships: Managing the individual and collective negotiation and management of labor relations policies and frameworks that aim to produce a constructive working relationship with social partners balanced with the business economic position and growth objectives in line with legislative requirements.
• Employee Relations Risk Management: Conducting ER Impact and other Risk Assessments to proactively support business growth agenda, assess in-country risk in general, and manage to follow up process in emerging markets.
• To engage and represent the Company in negotiations which include but are not limited to Wage Negotiations, terms and conditions of employment with formations such as trade unions, employee representatives, work councils, and other stakeholders within the SSA Region.
• Disputes and Issues Resolution: To resolve issues as quickly and as effectively as possible and to minimize business risk, in liaison with legal advisors on individual and collective disputes.
• Business Development: Advising the business on IR related aspects to new business growth and commercial opportunities or alternatively productivity or cost improvement initiatives to understand and mitigate risk and manage a smooth transition.
• 8-10 years experience in various Human Resources-related areas, including ER/IR
• Experience of planning and delivering ER initiatives
• ER Subject matter expert and thought leadership
• Experience dealing with Works Councils, Unions, Social Partners
• Line management and/or matrix leadership
• Experience of multiple African countries
• Cross-Border Project Management experience
HR Officer RecruitmentCape Town, South AfricaOur client is looking for an HR Officer to coordinate the staff recruitment process and support managers in all countries so that they have ready access to candidates who meet minimum specifications to become value-add employees for the company.
Learning & Development SpecialistHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Learning & Development Specialist to join their organization
HR ManagerCape Town, South Africa
HR ManagerHarare,ZimbabweOur client in the engineering industry are now looking a HR Manager to join their team