General Manager - Lusaka, Zambia
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Lusaka, Zambia|
|Job Role||General Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Lusaka, Zambia|
* Poor planning, and incorrect identification of materials to be procured have been established as core problems.
* Systems and procedures to be developed to assist in these processes, with reference to bills of quantities and contract programmes taking into account lead times for procurement.
* Ensure that procurement of materials are completed as much as possible in accordance with the company policies.
* Develop procedures and systems to ensure that logistics between South Africa and Zambia operate to maximum efficiency
* Inadequate storage space, lack of stock control systems, and lack of systems and procedures to correctly record movement of materials between sites are identified challenges.
* Systems and procedures must be developed to improve control over the movement of materials from stores to sites, and between sites.
• Human Resources
* Gain a full understanding of the relevant Acts and Laws governing the employment of persons in Zambia.
* Ensure compliance with all legislature and regulations, while having regard to maximising the profits of the company.
* Ensure that labour employed is appropriate to the contracts and projects being performed, and ensure that necessary reductions in staff are done at the appropriate time.
* Ensure that there is an employee file for every staff member, with a valid contract and all other necessary documentation.
* Ensure that all categories of leave are properly authorised, controlled, and recorded.
* Exercise control over work outputs of admin staff and monitor performance.
* Ensure that time claimed as worked in all spheres of the business is genuinely worked, and eliminate any time sheet fraud.
* Ensure that time entered on the time sheets is correct, and duly authorised before despatch to head office for payment to employees.
* Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations relevant to statutory deductions and company contribution, such as Paye, Pensions, Napsa etc.
* The books of account are maintained at Head Office, so it is required that all relevant information be sent to H/O on time.
* Maintain a separate set of books on Quick Books in Zambia, and record all financial transactions in the books of account of the company.
* It is envisaged that, at some point in the future it will no longer be necessary to keep dual books of account. (This decision will be made by the directors when the stability and accuracy of the records in Zambia are deemed satisfactory.)
* Investigate the feasibility of “cloud” based financial records. This will be very dependent on the quality of the internet service available at the premises in Zambia. (This service is currently deemed inadequate for this purpose.)
* Job costing – prepare regular job costings for all projects, with comparison to tender budgets.
* Debtors – prepare a monthly debtors report with explanations for all differences between the amounts reflected in our records, and the amounts certified by the clients.
* Financial results - develop the accounting system to a point where reliable monthly financial statements can be prepared and relied on.
• Debtors / claims
* Develop systems to assist the QS department with claims, with the aim being to match or compare costs incurred on a job with the claim made on the client each month.
* Develop procedures to ensure that all claims are prepared and submitted to the clients on time, with reference to the contractual terms related to this subject.
* Ensure that claims, and claim amendments are properly recorded in the books of account.
* Monitor debtors’ collections to ensure that clients pay within stipulated contract times. Ensure that all client certificates and any other relevant information is timeously despatched to Lundi at head office.
* Ensure that contract files for each project are properly maintained and kept up to date.
* Peruse all contracts for projects being undertaken to gain an awareness of the contractual terms governing each project.
* Develop systems and procedures to ensure that all relevant contract terms are summarised in an appropriate manner, to facilitate compliance with those terms and conditions.
* HR skills
* Excellent knowledge on Zambian Building Laws
* Excellent knowledge on Zambian Labor Laws
* Excellent organisational skills
* Knowledge on building and plumbing industry
* Qualifications or certificates Construction related
* Minimum 5 years experience in Construction Industry
* Minimum 5 years experience in Managerial Finance Position
Management AccountantHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Management Accountant who will be reporting to the Finance Executive, the primary role of the Management Accountant will be to provide relevant financial information to management to aid them in taking correct well-informed decisions that will improve the efficiency of operations, drive strong overall business performance and achieve sustainable business success.
Bookkeeper / PA (Confidential)Harare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a a Bookkeeper to join their Harare based team. The successful candidate will also be required to act as a PA from time to time and as well as handle cash and confidential matters.
Finance Manager - ChegutuChegutu,ZimbabweA large manufacturing company is looking for a well experienced Finance Manager to advise and provide strategies that the company should take to maintain the financial health of the organization.
Head AccountantHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for an experienced Head Accountant to join their team