HR Generalist - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Job Role||HR Generalist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Senior Management|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
To ensure success, HR Generalists should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and training. Top candidates will be comfortable managing grey areas, effective at scheduling, and methodical in the recruitment process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Learning & Development.
* Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives.
* Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees and customers.
* Develops unique training programs to fulfill workers specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
* Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
* Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
* Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
* Assesses training materials prepared by instructors.
* Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
* Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
Generalist HR Duties.
* Succession Planning and Performance Management and Reviews.
* Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
* Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
* Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
* Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
* Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
* Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
* Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
* Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
* Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
* Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
* Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
* Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
* Excellent record-keeping skills.
* Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
* Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office, and related HR software.
* Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
* Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* VIP course and experience (min 2y).
* Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
* A Registered / Qualified Psychometrist would be an an advantage.
* Strong L&D Background with a passion for Succession Planning and Performance Reviews
Head of Processing / Operations ManagerBulawayo,ZimbabweOur client is a prosperous FMCG company looking for a strong Operations Manager to effectively manage multiple stores in a fast-paced environment.
HR GeneralistCape Town, South AfricaOur client, a long-established supplier in the FMCG industry is currently looking for an HR Generalist to join their team.
Store ManagerLusaka, ZambiaOur client is looking for a Store Manager to join their team
Store Manager - CountrywideOut of Harare,ZimbabweOur client, a large nationwide retail/wholesale/fmcg company, is now looking for Store Managers to join them and to be based outside of Harare.