Quality Control Manager - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Job Role||Quality Control Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||3|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Degree||ND/Degree in Food Technology or BsC in Food Science Biotechnology or Microbiology or related qualification required.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop, update and/ or improved, implement (where necessary), and maintain the robust Food Safety Management System in place to conform to FSA, FSMS & GFSI, R1.46, SANS585, SANS788, and other related food regulations and legislation.
* Overseeing the Prerequisite Programs, Food Defence, Food Fraud and documentation thereof * Conduct hazard analysis and identify CCP’s, CP & Critical Limits.
* Conduct monthly Food Safety Meetings and obtain relevant trends and information for discussion.
* Establish and monitoring systems & maintain controls and documented procedures.
* To provide technical expertise to the team and help ensure the appropriate testing techniques are used to find defects early in the test cycle.
* Conduct and assist with third-party inspections and/ or audits (i.e. Pest Control).
* Liaise with regulatory officials ensuring compliance and assist in sample preparation.
* Drive the adoption of quality standards, practices, toolsets, and processes across all areas of the business.
* Identify and analyze and/ test the quality of seafood varieties for (general quality, parasites defects, and other problems), particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
* Handling general quality-related inquiries & identify and set appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
* Inspect and analyze products against specifications and ensure the highest level of adherence. Assist in obtaining relevant information from Suppliers to update specifications accordingly and perform risk-based assessments. Ensure that Quality Controllers perform their duties correctly and that documentation is signed off reports, and related images are distributed to the sales team.
* Managing non-conformances; corrective & preventative measures * Responsible for Monthly Internal Auditing against the Systems in place and those audit findings are addressed and communicated effectively to affected departments.
* Ensure that Daily GMP checks are conducted by relevant staff members and those findings are addressed and communicated to the respectively affected departments.
* Strong leadership and supervisory skills required to manage and oversee a quality team with the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Someone who is hardworking, can think on their feet, loyal, and a team player.
* Keep a constant focus on the work.
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
* Computer literate (Excel, Word & Microsoft).
* Own transport.
* Any additional qualifications in Quality Control and/or Food Safety advantageous.
* Internal Auditing training advantageous.
* Minimum 3 years related experience (management of staff) - FMCG experience advantageous.
Reach Truck DriverCape Town, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Reach Truck Driver to join their team.
Machine OperatorLusaka, ZambiaOur client, a leading company in the steel trading/manufacturing industry, is looking for Machine Operators to join their team
Our client is looking for a Production & Processing Manager (Sugar Cane) to join their team
Head of TechnicalCape Town, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Head of Technical to join their team.