BI Manager - South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||South Africa|
|Job Role||BI Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||6|
|Residence Location||South Africa|
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the daily operation of the BI team.
* Handle the full lifecycle of a BI project.
* Ensure that the BI infrastructure is maintained.
* Maintain a knowledge base of the various data sources and how this data is transformed into information that is utilized by business to make decisions.
* Make sure that the budget for contractors is not exceeded.
* Engage with management to create a strategy on how to improve BI in the long term.
* Stakeholder engagement and business analysis.
* Project planning, specification, and execution.
* Management of BI staff which includes permanent Mweb employees as well as contractors from iOCO.
* Administration of the BI contract with iOCO. Prevent the monthly budget from being exceeded, schedule training and updates of BI infrastructure.
* Maintain a knowledge base of data sources, the transformation of data into information and how this information is used.
* Keep abreast of the current best practices, software and technologies used for Business Intelligence.
* Mentoring BI staff.
* Ability to work with figures, understand the logic in numbers and a reasoning ability to use numerical data in support of business decision-making.
* Ability to troubleshoot data and numerical issues.
* Ability to grasp the essence of a business problem, and being able to present data in a format that supports decision-making to solve business problems.
* Analytical and logical thinker.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work with varying skill sets and different parts of the business.
* Thorough, accurate and strong attention to detail.
* At least 2 years' experience in managing a BI Team.
* At least 6 years’ knowledge and experience of working with business in an information-providing context – supporting business issues and problems with intelligence, presenting data in a meaningful and user-friendly way, interpreting results of reports to a business audience.
* At least 6 years’ experience in transforming data into intelligence – manipulating data, creating transformations, analysing data, creating reports or dashboards.
* At least 6 years’ knowledge and experience of data systems, data structures and data models.
* Extensive experience in troubleshooting data issues, and dealing with data quality issues.
* Extensive experience in creating reports using BI software, especially Cognos Report Studio, but SSRS, Business Objects etc. will also s
Continuous Improvement SpecialistJohannesburg, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join their team.
General ManagerCape Town, South AfricaOur client is looking for a General Manager to join their team.
Commercial ManagerHarare,Zimbabwe2. Commercial Manager. Middle manager responsible for relationship mgt and business development in end to end Logistics. Reports to Head Logistics platforms
Our Client is looking for a CEO to provide leadership for all aspects of the company's operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profit, and return on investment
Managing Director - LusakaLusaka, ZambiaOur Client, a very well established FMCG company is looking for a Managing Director to join their team