Head of Procurement - Zambia
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Company Type||Supply Chain and Agribusiness|
|Job Role||Head of Procurement|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Nationality||Legal Status to work in Zambia|
1. Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of the Procurement Strategy for Client
and Falmouth to influence legal compliance of procurement policy and supporting legislation across the institution and to generate value for money for Client and the respective Institutions.
2. To lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
3. To lead the development of new supply chains including small/medium enterprises (SMEs) to create greater competition and align the business to category procurement strategies.
4. To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and departments in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary.
5. To leverage resources across all boundaries to support business goals, bringing all expertise necessary to address the institutions challenges to safeguard against contractual and commercial risk.
6. To work with the institutions’ Value for Money’ strategy, to identify and capitalise on purchasing opportunities as they arise.
7. To report to the Senior Executive team and respective committees as may be required from time to time to provide up to date status reports on procurement to include development, demonstrate value for money and compliance to regulatory procurement requirements, including Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Fraud.
8. To ensure all aspects of regulatory compliance are adhered to in regard to the respective Procurement Policies and external requirements such as procedures and implement strategies that safeguard the Client and the institution’s contractual and commercial risk.
9. To develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and external providers and other agencies to ensure strategic and operational needs are fully understood and incorporated.
10.Implementation of appropriate Frameworks
11.To lead and motivate staff and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential. To line manage the sustainable Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer and Supply Chain Manager.
12.To identify and address procurement training needs across Client for individual and organisational development.
13.Establishing and managing future demand and capacity planning including the development to supplier risk management.
14.Promote importance of procurement across the organisation and best practice through continuous improvement
15.Act as the principle conduit for formal communications with external companies during the procurement process.
16.Facilitate development of relationship with existing and potential suppliers.
17.To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
18.To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process.
19.To actively support equality and diversity policies of Falmouth Exeter Plus.
20.To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development.
21.Working within the Health and Safety at Work Act, the postholder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They are also required to undertake Health and Safety training commensurate with the level required by the post and to take part in risk assessment procedures and the implementation of agreed recommended work practices within the area.
22.Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
Detailed knowledge of Zambia
procurement legislation, supplier and contract management.
Experience of procuring contracts.
Experience of procurement installation and use of procurement systems.
Strong working knowledge of procurement processes including but not limited to the Public Sector.
High level of programme management skills
Extensive expertise, having operated at a strategic level with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings.
Qualified purchasing professional (ZIPS)
Correct Members Licences needed for Zambia
Head of ProcurementHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Head of Procurement who will be responsible for developing a strategic approach to their Group procurement and material management process. In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct the procurement of goods and services, assist Procurement team membe
Buyer - Various LocationsHarare,Zimbabwe
Procurement ManagerRuwa,ZimbabweOur Client is looking for a Procurement Manager to join their team
Procurement OfficerHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Procurement Officer to join their team