Manufacturing Head - Nigeria
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Company Type||Manufacturing and Production|
|Job Role||Manufacturing Head|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Senior Management|
|Years of Experience||15|
|Nationality||Citizen or Work Permit Required|
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Direct overall manufacturing operations in Nigeria to meet the tactical and strategic objectives of the business including facilities planning, developing plans to optimize productivity, maximize efficiency, drive operational excellence, and manage production within specification tolerance.
* Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies & procedures, and processes to aid and improve business performance.
* Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of cost, quality, and delivery targets. Enabling the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
* Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
* Drive key process improvement initiatives to be taken up (such as ISO, TPM, TQM, etc.).
* Implement a customer-focused operational culture delivering world-class customer service levels.
* Drive and manage Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the manufacturing functions including production schedules and budgets to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost, timelines, and to the highest quality standards.
* Develop efficient and effective internal control systems, to keep track of the performance of equipment and take necessary actions to improve efficiency (through effective training and other measures).
* Drive Continuous Improvement across all manufacturing-related areas of the business.
* Plan and execute maintenance activity to ensure plants are kept safe and compliant. Breakdowns to be attended to with minimum lead time.
* Coordination for spares/consumables required in all units in alignment with all stakeholders. Maintain sufficient spare part stocks (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic, Pneumatic), etc. in all manufacturing units.
* Ensure equipment reliability to maximize machine productivity and utilize visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance.
* Monitor and report critical information such as overtime, labor cost, maintenance cost, admin expenses, equipment downtime, waste, and material loss, etc.
* Operate a process for the safe selection of external contractors. In conjunction with the Head of Purchasing ensure all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure the best value.
* Support project management to cross-functional activity required for project execution.
* Manage the accurate and on-time introduction of NPD.
* Ensure Health, Safety, and Environmental issues are prioritized and facilitated.
* Take overall responsibility to ensure adherence to safety standards by all employees in the factories and establish a zero accident environment during the manufacturing and maintenance process.
* Responsible for the overall security of manufacturing facilities and assets.
* Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all 5 year and annual Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
* Knowledge and technical understanding of production processes, plant and machinery components (e.g. Boiler, generator, air compressors).and manufacturing techniques.
* Leadership, problem-solving, collaboration, capability building, effective communication, and team building.
manufacturing strategy. * B.E / B.Tech Mechanical / Electrical engineering with a minimum of 15 years experience in the FMCG manufacturing sector of medium / large organizations.
BlockmanLusaka, ZambiaThe company invites applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified people eligible to work in Zambia to join the business under the above mentioned role, whereby the successful candidate shall report to the Directors of the company.
The successful candidate must also be willin
Dispatch ManagerHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Dispatch Supervisor to join their team.
Production ManagerCape Town, South AfricaOur client, a leading FMCG company is currently looking for a Production Manager to join their team.
Meat Market ManagerSouth AfricaOur client, a retailer company is currently looking for a Meat Market Manager to join their team.
Shift ManagerCape Town, South AfricaOur client, one of the suppliers in the FMCG industry is currently looking for a Shift Manager to join their team.