Fleet Controller - Johannesburg, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Company Type||Transport / Shipping / Logistics|
|Job Role||Fleet Controller|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||3|
|Residence Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Nationality||RSA Citizen or Work Permit Required|
|Degree||Degree in Logistics or Accounting / Business Administration.|
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Coordinate, control, track, and communicate with drivers in order to ensure that orders are delivered in line with company standards and requirements.
* Brief and debrief drivers with necessary documents and other requirements needed.
* Track and monitor routes of vehicles on 5 different tracking programs.
* Ensure that the refuel processes and procedures are completed correctly for the designated vehicle fleet.
* Issue order numbers/instructions to drivers and monitor loading and off-loading times. Ensure delays are escalated.
* Ensure effective and efficient communication to drivers’ by issuing special instruction, liaising with drivers and the workshop(services and breakdowns), responding to fleet alarms, handing over to the next shift, and escalating problems to the relevant manager.
* Monitor driver adherence to the sleeping and stopping procedures of the company by issuing stop order numbers and confirming authorized stopping areas.
* Conduct briefing and de-briefing sessions with drivers and ensure all documentation is verified.
* Collect and capture loading, off-loading, and trip information in accordance with relevant company policies and procedures.
* Complete incident or accident documentation as and when required.
* Generate relevant reports on a daily basis (incl. sleeping report and yard report).
* Outstanding organizational skills.
* Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
* Quantitative ability.
* Attention to detail.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Competence in operating and tracking on tracking programmes (Pointer SA, Mix Telematics, Pulsit Electronics/MS track web8, Soltrack, Amber connect, Real Cam, Dyna Fleet).
* 3 years in a logistics role.
* Degree in Logistics and/or Accounting / Business Administration.
* Experience with Flat-Decks and Tautliners.
Credit ControllerCape Town, South AfricaOur client, a Fintech company is currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their team.
Managing DirectorDurban, South AfricaOur client a leading player in the transport, shipping, logistics, the maritime industry is looking for a seasoned senior professional to join their expanding team.
Fleet Manager - Beira, MozambiqueMozambiqueThe Fleet Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day functions of the fleet in combination with the use of both internal and external systems as well as available support teams in order to ensure that the Fleet objectives and monthly/yearly targets are met, being responsible for directing
Stock ControllerSouth AfricaMy client is seeking a Stock Controller for a new product line they have bought on board.
The ideal candidate must have an exceptionally good eye for detail and be able to pick up on any discrepancies in the system and be able to rectify and solve these issues in a timely and organized fashion
Fleet/Transport ManagerLusaka, ZambiaOur client is looking for a Fleet/Transport Manager to join their team