Fleet Operations Executive - South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||South Africa|
|Job Role||Fleet Operations Executive|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||South Africa|
|Nationality||Residents or work permits required.|
Duties and Responsibilities;
* Accountable for the management of all fleet of trucks and drivers (as well as any subcontracted trucks) and to be the full liaison point between the company and Drivers and to assist with the administration of the company policies.
* Sourcing and management of subcontractors as per operational requirements and ensuring full compliance with BCA regulations and coordinating with the legal department to mitigate against OHSA and contractual risks.
* Sourcing and coordination with Sales Managers and Customers to streamline pickup and deliveries.
* Accountable for the respective key account supervisors reporting into them to ensure adherence to contractual KPIs.
* Full adherence to SLA which manages both internal company and customer contractual requirements including communication with key customers and other relevant external stakeholders.
* Daily and forward planning, coordinating, and management of all customer orders and deliveries (internal & external);.
* Accountable for optimized fleet planning, and the completion of the daily revenue sheet to ensure continuous improvement by achieving targets for distance, revenue, payloads, and fuel utilization.
* Human resource management of drivers and admin staff including industrial relations, disciplinary action, performance management, and counseling.
* Implementation of the driver policy, company disciplinary code, traffic infringement policy, COVID-19 Procedures, and being accountable for the RTMS compliance of the fleet group.
* Accountable for compliance with fatigue management, legislated driver times and management of COFs and induction requirements for drivers and customer requirements.
* Coordination with the Payroll Department to ensure adherence to the maximum permitted weekly driving times and facilitate queries with drivers related to payment issues.
* Work in conjunction with site-based staff to expedite vehicle turnaround and efficiencies.
* Accountable for asset maintenance (proactive and reactive) in accordance with the maintenance policy.
* Delivery route planning, coordinating, and allocating vehicles for loading.
* The management of related functions and processes to achieve optimal efficiencies, turnaround times, limited standing times, fuel usage; productivity, and service delivery to all customers i.e. Receiving, Picking Store, Administration, Loading, Sales, Transporters, etc;.
* Direct communication with various internal and external stakeholders such as the production planner, sales, and production facilities (that is the customer) on any waiting on stocks for customer orders;.
* Compilation of vehicle loading schedules and co-ordination;.
* Accountable for the full completion of all document processing from initiation through to final invoicing.
* Adherence to all asset control policies, protocols, and practices.
* Overall accountability of the administration function on the TMS system and Telematics Tracking System.
* Monitor tracking systems and data analysis for performance management. Identify trends, poor driving behavior, etc.
* Accountable for adherence to the Procurement Committee in relation to PPE to all staff & manage PPE.
* Accountability for HSE regulations and for following procedures as required when incidents occur (injuries, accidents, insurance claims, etc).
* Root cause analysis and incident investigation in the event of an accident or driver vehicle abuse.
* Very strong leadership experience for teams with 8 direct reports and overall accountability for in excess of 200 people. Demonstrated ability for efficient project management and the ability to work under pressure and ensure continuous improvement.
* Ability to work with and manage stakeholders who will operate the TMS (DataTim, Office365, MixTelematics, DynaFleet, and Qlikview).
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role or in a role at a similar level.
* Experience with Stock Management, Logistics, and Production Processes and process optimization and proven track record of being able to source and manage supply chain contracts. This involves the need to interact with customers, manage expectations and ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
* Demonstrated ability with a proven track record for supply chain activities with the primary concentration of road transport management (assets and human capital management). Candidate must have experience within a similar role and/or counterpart company and have managed a business unit with multiple assets.
General Manager - EgyptInternational
Operations Manager (Logistics and Transport)Harare,ZimbabweGreat opportunity to make your mark, create change and lead operations excellence with an Industry Expert. If you are seasoned Operations Manager who is motivated, proactive and has experience within the Transport and Logistics Industry then dont miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Branch Leader - RusumoRwandaOur client, A well-established multinational logistics company, is looking for a Branch Leader to join their team in Rwanda.
Tyre Fitter / Wheel Alignment SpecialistHarare,ZimbabweOur client is an efficient and reliable haulier throughout the SADC region and is looking for an experienced Tyre Fitter / Wheel Aligment Specialist to join their team.
Workshop ManagerHarare,ZimbabweA client of ours is looking for a Workshop manager to join their team