Financial Accountant - Nigeria
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Company Type||Retail / Wholesale / FMCG|
|Job Role||Financial Accountant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||4|
|Nationality||Residents or work permits required.|
Duties and Responsibilties ;
* The purpose of this role is to contribute to the functional excellence of the Finance Unit and ensure policy and procedural compliance, with reference to accounting and finance, by supporting the Finance & Operations manager with daily postings, cost controls, monthly financial reporting, Internal and External audits, filing of Tax returns and Remittances. This role will also be responsible for the processing of transactions on Syspro ERP.
* Managing financial transactions using technology for data mining, variance analysis, and value reporting.
* Assisting with internal and external audits while complying with country tax filing requirements.
* Ensuring alignment with group policies.
* Part take in Annual Business Planning session and scope weekly and monthly cash flow forecast.
* Assisting with tax schedules, tax presentations, and training sessions.
* Capturing of financial data on Syspro ERP.
* Assisting in developing, implementing, and the maintenance of internal controls and group policies as well as implementing country-specific controls.
* Assisting in-country Finance & Operations manager with financial accounting reporting- Profit & Loss The statement, Cash Flow Statement, Trial Balance, and Balance Sheet.
* Maintain up-to-date Fixed Assets Register.
* Influencing operational procedures, guidelines, and work instructions for the area of functional performance.
* Working collaboratively with the in-country management team to reach financial objectives.
* Interface with Nigerbev on Contract manufacturing and monthly reconciliations.
* Building and maintaining relationships with government and also auditing and accounting firms.
* Identifying and implementing best practices from the company and role modeling the company values on a day-to-day basis.
* Ensuring that sound financial policies, procedures, and systems are in place to enable effective control and accountability.
* Supporting the finance team in adhering to the financial and accounting standards and regulators as per the country's regulatory system.
* Instigating business improvement initiatives that support current activities.
* Updating job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
* Competent in the use of the MS Office Suite (with advanced Excel skills) and ERP.
* Ability to act professionally and in confidence at all times.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and must be able to network.
* Must demonstrate and live the company Values.
* Tax planning.
* Ability to reflect on one's own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
* Business acumen and interest.
* Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
* Ability to work in a team.
* A methodical approach and problem-solving skills.
* Must be innovative and self-driven.
* Accounting, audit, SFAS rules and financial skills.
* ACA qualification is an added advantage.
* 2-3 years experience in a similar capacity within FMCG Industry.
* Previous auditing experience would be beneficial.
Cost Accountant/Accountant (Full CIS/CIMA)Harare,ZimbabweOur Client in the Manufacturing and Retail Industry is recruiting for dynamic Cost Accountant to join a large Manufacturing Company.
Group Finance DirectorHarare,ZimbabweA client of ours is looking for a Group Finance Director to join their team
BookkeeperHarare,ZimbabweA client of ours is looking for a Bookkeeper reporting to the Controller to join their team