Managing Director - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Company Type||Retail / Wholesale / FMCG|
|Job Role||Managing Director|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Nationality||RSA Citizen or Work Permit Required|
Duties and Responsibilities;
* The Managing Director will oversee the day-to-day management and operations of the company.
* Managing the performance of each employee in conjunction with the HR Department.
* Managing and implementing company policies and procedures in conjunction with the HR Department.
* Responsible for staff disciplinary procedures in conjunction with HR Department.
* Engage and responsible for Union discussions and relationships.
* Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
* Build and lead successful teams.
* Sustaining current market position and growing market share.
* Anticipate client needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
* Set up, maintain, and manage sales budgets on a regular basis.
* Managing targets in a dynamic and competitive business environment.
* Developing and designing the route to market strategies for product baskets to ensure margin and consumer delivery is achieved.
* Ensuring that new products are developed in line with company strategy and market requirements.
* Managing stock movement including slow-moving, redundant stock, stock quality, and stock returns.
* Responsible for stock accuracy, stock counts, and stock recons.
* Responsible for all maintenance: warehousing, vehicles, plant & equipment, office suites, and general housekeeping.
* Monitor and authorize the use of hired vehicles.
* Monitor and authorize any overtime relating to operations.
* Improving business processes on an ongoing basis to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
* Ensuring strict compliance with MRP processes.
* Ensuring correct stock levels are in place and alternative suppliers are identified in conjunction with the procurement team.
* Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
* Defining long-term strategic goals with clear implementation plans.
* Ensure that financial management processes are accurate and reported timeously in order to assist management in making sound strategic decisions.
* Implement hardware and software improvements.
* Responsible for implementing SAP and all other Microsoft application training for all staff.
* Managing SAP-related issues.
* Understanding of food quality, food safety, and applicable HACCP requirements.
* Understanding Health & Safety requirements in a food production environment.
* General seafood industry experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Solid presentation skills and ability to explain complex processes to an audience.
* Sound ERP and IT-related knowledge.
* Sound financial knowledge.
* Well-rounded and able to multi-task effectively.
* Strong leadership skills Ability to motivate teams to implement processes effectively.
* Ability to enforce and maintain high standards, even under pressure.
* Manage targets within budget.
* A Degree in Operations Management or.
* Post-Graduate qualification in Business Administration or similar.
* Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Law, Business Management, Finance, or Accounting.
Business Development managerHarare,ZimbabweOur client, a growing services company is looking for a Business development manager to join their young and dynamic team
General ManagerHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for an experienced General Manager to join their dynamic team
BI ProfessionalCape Town, South AfricaOur client in the FMCG industry is looking for a BI Professional to join their experienced team.
Assistant Project Head – MasvingoMasvingo,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Assistant Project Head – Masvingo to join their team
Managing DirectorCape Town, South AfricaOur client, a supplier in the FMCG industry is looking for a Managing Director to join their team.