Shipping Controller - South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||South Africa|
|Job Role||Shipping Controller|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Monthly Salary||R 20000 - R 25000|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Years of Experience||2|
|Residence Location||South Africa|
|Nationality||RSA Citizen or Work Permit Required|
Duties and Responsibilities;
* The shipping controller makes sure that the products that we produce and trade gets dispatched and received in a timely manner. Our containers become your priority, and our customer service even more so.
* Arrange, book, and confirm varying modes of transport, such as sea, rail, and road.
* Calculate weight, volume, and cost of goods that are moved.
* Recommend shipping solutions, you will compare rates, and carriers for us, but will also be asked for input on new systems.
* Obtain documentation from carrier operators, match them with our systems, and get them delivered to our clients.
* Complete customs paperwork.
* Any other ad hoc tasks that might arise.
* Attention to detail & can multitask without much issue. At a given moment you can have actively under management up to 75 – 80 containers.
* Very good communication skills. We value not only our clients but also our vendors.
* Team player, within your own department as well as with other departments.
* Excel is used throughout the firm, you must feel comfortable with advanced excel functions.
* Solid understanding of INCO terms.
* College degree preferred, does not necessarily have to be in supply chain management or similarly.