Development Team Lead - South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||South Africa|
|Job Role||Development Team Lead|
|Employment Type||Mornings Only|
|Monthly Salary||R 70 000 - R 90 000|
|Career Level||Senior Management|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||South Africa|
|Nationality||RSA residents or work permits required|
Duties and Responsibilities;
* The purpose of this role is to coordinate and manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Development team. To translate complex requirements into maintainable code that can be adapted to the changing needs of the business.
* Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies, or methodologies.
* Give direction and guidance as well as coach and mentor team members.
* Review assignments for accuracy and quality.
* Delegate responsibilities.
* Coordinate application of software releases.
* Develop and execute company policies.
* Liaison between other departments and IT.
* Contribute to architectural discussions with architects and lead developers..
* Actively contribute lines of code (leading by example), as well as code reviews.
* Communicate effectively with 3rd parties and when dealing with technical support queries.
* Draft training material and manuals for new systems/updates.
* Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
* Writing and implementing efficient codes and determining operational practicality.
* Developing quality assurance procedures.
* Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics.
* Maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
* Training users.
* Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts.
* Ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
* Interest in new technologies and how to augment the existing platform to achieve scale and remain relevant * Exposure to cloud platforms and a keen interest in leveraging cloud-specific technology to gain efficiencies and availability.
* Insight in applying design patterns to complex problems.
* Experience in architecting, developing, testing, deploying systems.
* Solid understanding of integration and web services.
* Solid experience in caching, revision control, message queues, issue tracking, monitoring, database transactions, testing.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in all the areas outlined in the roles and responsibilities.
* Integrity and Honesty is non-negotiable.
* Reliability and dependability.
* Customer service focus.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong work ethic.
* Fast learner.
* 2-4 year experience leading a team of IT professionals.
* Experience in virtual team-leading across geographies.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
* Management diploma or courses will be advantageous.
Junior Business AnalystSouth AfricaOur client, a Fintech Company in the Logistics Industry is currently looking for a Developer to join their team.
IT Support TechnicianHarare,ZimbabweOur client, is now looking for an IT Support Technician to join their team.
Front Line SupportMauritiusOur client, a Fintech Company in the Logistics Industry is currently looking for a Developer to join their team.
Android Application DeveloperHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Android Application Developer to join their team
Project Manager (IT Solutions)Harare,ZimbabweOur Client is looking for a Project Manager to join their team based in Harare. Must have a Technical / IT Background.