Imports and Exports Controller - Cape Town, South Africa
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Company Type||Retail / Wholesale / FMCG|
|Job Role||Imports and Exports Controller|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Nationality||RSA Citizen or Work Permit Required|
To ensure that the Clearing and Forwarding function has its strong footing in the company by using the best methods to improve revenue generation for the company in assisting in the efficient movement of goods by completing procedural and documentary formalities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Compile all required document for successful and timeous release of shipments, import and export.
• Planning and co-ordinating of container deliveries to nominated cold stores once released by shipping lines, within free period by Port and shipping lines.
• Vessel updates to be monitored daily.
SAP System to be updated daily and PO planning report to be generated and sent to relevant parties.
• Container delivery schedule/report to be sent out to relevant cold stores once a month.
• Preparing documents for DAFF and Port Health Approval once received.
• Request invoices from the shipping lines.
• Ensure invoices are signed by Clearing Manager, prepare AP and hand over to accounts for payment processing.
• Send proof of payment to shipping lines and follow up on payments receipt.
• Check OTC system to prepare Cargo Due Order for each shipment (Import and Export) – should vessel not be available to do timeous follow ups.
• Monitoring the NPA Transnet Account ensuring sufficient funds available for processing of Cargo Due Orders.
• Compiling a full set of release documents per shipment for submission to the relevant Shipping Line.,br> • Monitoring and follow up on Shipping Line Release/DRO and once received,
• Communicate with haulier/transporter for collection/delivery of containers to nominated cold store.
• Communicate with Cold stores to schedule delivery dates.
• Collect OBL’s at the bank.
• Surrendering of Original Bills of Lading to the Shipping Line.
• For containers delivered to CCS – documents to be prepared and forwarded.
• Delivering Airfreight release documents to Airline as well as collecting / delivering cargo. Alternative arrangements to be made if not collected by Clearing.
• In the event of Airfreight Port Health/DAFF Detain, documents to be taken to Airport Port health/DAFF offices. • Application and Preparation of EURO 1, as well as Certificate of Origin for export shipments requiring same.
• Frequent and timeous communication with Procurement on availability of Bills outstanding for release of shipments.
• Communicate and follow up with Shipping Lines on any potential issues regarding release of containers, import/export documents outstanding etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels with diverse environmentand cultures.
• Ability to analyse data.
• Honesty, Integrity & Reliability.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Problem-solving skills.<br< • Critical thinking capabilities • Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Apply urgency in work done – report faults urgently, take action urgently; results orientated.
• A willingness to learn.
• Strong ability to multitask. • Open to change and learning new systems. • Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. • Good time management • Must have own transport. • Must be flexible due to work demands.
• A diploma/certificate that is related to the field.
• Good computer skills, familiar with MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word).
• At least five years’ experience in a Customs Clearing and Forwarding Environment.
• Musst be familiar with Customs documentation.
• Supply Chain and Logistics experience.
Casing SupervisorCape Town, South AfricaOur Client, a leading competitor in the FMCG wholesale industry, is looking for a Casing Supervisor to join their team in Montague Gardens, Cape Town.
Plant Maintenance Manager - BulawayoBulawayo,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Plant Maintenance Manager to join their team.
General ManagerCape Town, South Africa
Engineering ManagerSouth AfricaOur Client a Market Leading Manufacturing business is looking for an Experienced Engineering Manager.
Dispatch ManagerHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Dispatch Supervisor to join their team.