Blockman - Lusaka, Zambia
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Location||Lusaka, Zambia|
|Joining Date||December 2020|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||Lusaka, Zambia|
General butchery duties relating to preparation of meat products for sale
• Weigh, wrap and display cuts of meat and price of products correctly
• Ensure that all meat being displayed is safe from food poisoning
• Supervise department in the event that butchery manger/supervisor are not available.
• Appropriate selling of meat products as assigned by management. Deliver an exceptional level of customer service (taking orders and deliver them accurately).
• Processing of beef sides (i.e. deboning, etc) for preparation of sausages and mincemeat. Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat and make sausages
• Ensure that there is proper stock rotation in the Cold Room & Freezer (FIFO)
• Off load meat, check weight against invoice and store meat upon delivery
• Cleaning all areas of the shop to maintain health and hygiene standard (this includes washing of floors and block counters after close of business every working day). Ensure that butchery working area, cold room, freezer are cleaned and maintain a clean environment of the floor & tables on daily basis
• Ensure that correct merchandising is being followed according to the planogram
• Ensure that all expiries are being monitored and worked on time
• Ensure that the Cold Chain Management is effectively maintained
• Ensure full adherence to hygiene standards and that at any time the employee is assigned to serve customers using protective means for covering hands.
• Assist customers with carrying and transporting any meat products purchases from the shop where appropriate. Handle customer complaints and inform the butchery manager or supervisor immediately.
• Cutting meat according to specifications for any meat orders made by customers.
• Correctly issue and record any inventory to the shop and ensure that these inventory records are accurately reflected in the inventory sheet book.
• Undertake inventory count (i.e. stock taking) as appropriate during the agreed frequency intervals. Participate in stock taking and ensures the count is correctly done
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by management, who reserve the right to assign specific responsibilities to the employee.
• Report any inventories out of stock to management each working day.
• Demonstrating a professional attitude by ensuring that conduct towards customers and management is that which reflects the Company policy in terms of being friendly, courteous and using appropriate language.
Candidates wishing to be considered for the position must possess the following minimum qualifications:
a) Minimum of five (5) years work experience as a blockman at a reputable butchery.
b) Full Grade 12 Certificate - verified by the Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ).
c) Good customer service skills, with the ability to demonstrate a professional, friendly and courteous attitude towards customers.
d) Good teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills,
e) Good attention to detail and numerical skills.
f) Fluent command of the English language. g) Reliable, honest and trustworthy, with good records supported by positive references.
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should apply, enclosing photocopies of their academic and professional qualifications (verified by ECZ), along with an application letter and a detailed copy of latest CV including appropriate references
Quality Assurance OfficerCape Town, South AfricaOur client , leading FMCG company is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Officer to join their team .
Marketing ManagerHarare,ZimbabweA client of ours is looking for a Marketing Manager to join their team
Head of ConfectioneryCape Town, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Confectionist to head the Confectionery department
Factory Manager (Furniture)Harare,ZimbabweOn behalf of our Fantastic Client we are recruiting an experienced and energetic Factory Manager to be based in our Clients Msasa Branch and to supervise factory workers and ensure that factory targets are met
Quality Assurance AssistantHarare,ZimbabweA client of ours is looking for a Quality Assurance Assistant to join their team