Legal & Compliance Manager - Mauritius
- Harare, Zimbabwe
|Job Role||Legal & Compliance Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Monthly Salary||R45 000 to R55 000|
|Career Level||Middle Management|
|Years of Experience||3|
The purpose of this role is to safeguard the interest of the organisation through legal means by performing various tasks related to legal matters in a company and ensuring the CEO makes ethical and informed legal decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deal with day-to-day legal issues as they arise and as instructed
• Conduct legal research and draft opinions
• Negotiate, draft, comment on, and ratify legal agreements as required for suppliers, customers,
service providers and more
• Inform customers of changes to legislation and the common law
• Analyse legal position and make recommendations independently as required or in consultation with CEO and/or external legal counsel as required
• Provide legal assistance to Human resources team for employment matters and contract drafting for employment and other relating matters.
• To act as an owner of company’s IP assets such as trademarks, copyrights, patents, brand names (registrations & renewals)
• Collaborate with stakeholders and account owners / departments to educate internal stakeholders on compliance, legal and data protection requirements and to continuously promote a culture of compliance, integrity, and data protection internally
• Ensure that the CEO and relevant stakeholders are provided with updates and reports on a regular basis, where necessary
• Knowledge and solid understanding of all legislation across multiple African territories
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness in all the areas outlined in the roles and responsibilities
• Logistics, Financial Services, Financial Technology or Consumer Financial Services experience preferred
• High attention to detail essential
3 – 5 years post article experience
• Valid Passport and Driver’s license
Legal Administrator / OfficerHarare,ZimbabweOur client is looking for a Legal Administrator or Officer to join their team
Legal ManagerJohannesburg, South AfricaOur client is looking for a Legal Manager to join their dynamic team.
Legal & Compliance ManagerMauritiusOur client is currently looking for a Legal Manager to join their dynamic team.
Senior Legal Counsel/Legal Counsel Anglophone Sub-Saharan AfricaJohannesburg, South Africa
Company Secretary - French and English SpeakerJohannesburg, South AfricaOur Client is looking for a Company Secretary to join their team
French & English speaking.